Vancouver is a home to world-renowned University of British Columbia and well-acclaimed prestigious school such as Simon Fraser University. This marvellous city prides itself of having top-notch professional colleges, such as Columbia College and Langara. We have rounded up top 9 schools that are located in the city of Vancouver.
- University of British Columbia (UBC): UBC is one of the top universities in Canada and known for its excellence in teaching and researching facilities across the globe. It offers scholarship awards to both domestic and international students for a wide range of courses. It is located near the southwestern coast of Vancouver, about 20 minutes from Downtown Vancouver by car.
- Simon Fraser University (SFU): SFU is home to more than 25,000 students and operates from three campuses: Burnaby, Surrey and Downtown Vancouver. It has been ranked as one of Canada’s top comprehensive universities consistently from the last 20 years.
- Capilano University: Capilano University is one of the smallest universities with an established pedigree in offering popular undergraduate programs to students. The student-faculty ratio is tremendously favourable to students. It is located in North Vancouver, about 20 minutes north of Downtown Vancouver.
- Columbia College: Columbia College was Founded in 1851, Columbia College has been helping students advance their lives through higher education for more than 160 years. It is located in the heart of Downtown Vancouver.
- Langara College: Langara College started in 1965 as part of Vancouver Community College and in 1970, it opened its West 49th Avenue campus. It is located approximately 20 minutes south of Downtown Vancouver by SkyTrain.
- Vancouver Community College (VCC): Located in the heart of the city, VCC offers academic, cultural, and social environments that inspire relevant real-world training. VCC has two campuses: Downtown Vancouver and E Broadway (just south of Downtown core)
- British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT): BCIT is one of British Columbia’s largest post-secondary institutions with more than 48,000 students enrolled annually (16,600 full-time, 31,600 part-time). It has five campuses: Burnaby, Downtown, Marine, Aerospace, and Annacis Island.
- Stenberg College: Over 25 years of delivering exceptional education, Stenberg College is incredibly popular among students for courses, such as Health Care Administration, Nursing and Health Care Technology. It is located just next to Simon Fraser University’s Surrey Campus.
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University (KPU): Established by the government of British Columbia in 1981, Kwantlen, now Kwantlen Polytechnic University, has four campuses located in the Metro Vancouver region of British Columbia. KPU offers bachelor’s degrees, associate degrees, diplomas, certificates and citations in more than 120 programs. Almost 20,000 students annually attend courses at KPU campuses in Surrey, Richmond, Langley and Cloverdale.